Communications and Membership Coordinator
The Summerland Chamber of Commerce is a business membership organization serving approximately 700 local members. We provide business, tourism and economic development services in our community. In our workplace we value integrity, honesty, care for others and a sense of humor. We are ambassadors for our community and we exist to help Summerland grow and prosper.
At this time we are seeking a Communications and Membership Coordinator for a full time position. This role will work closely with the event coordinator. Under the direction of the Chamber Executive Director the Communications and Membership Coordinator serves as a key liaison to the Summerland Chamber of Commerce’s business and community members.
Applicants will require the following qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, exemplary customer service skills.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills for multiple requirements; social media, blogs, columns, newsletters, member mailings
- Ability to change ‘voices’ between Chamber of Commerce communications and tourism and visitor services communications
- Ability to deliver creative content
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms and experience creating a variety of social media marketing campaigns
- Experience with SEO and Google Analytics
- Experience in creation and management of communications calendar for organization
- Experience with Hootsuite, Photoshop, Constant Contact, etc., and ability to grasp new media trends and learn new programs quickly
- Graphic design and photography skills
- Database management
- Website management experience
- Able to motivate and lead individuals and groups, and have the ability to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
- Detail oriented and organized, able to manage multiple priorities, take responsibility for timely and accurate completion of tasks assigned
- Have initiative and stamina, possess a high level of standards
- Able to stay on budget
- Experience planning and organizing events
- Some experience in a destination marketing and/or tourism services environment
- Relevant post-secondary education and a minimum of five years professional experience
Most communication with Chamber members is accomplished via email/phone, but some travel is required within the local area.
Please email resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to: Christine Petkau, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Monday, April 24 @ 4:00 pm. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
We thank all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Summer Visitor Centre Counsellor/Tourism Events & Social Media Assistant - Posting Closed
The Summerland Chamber of Commerce promotes the development of tourism in Summerland by serving more than 12,000 visitors each season in our Visitor Centre and through our online marketing suite. Our summer Visitor Centre Counsellor/Tourism Events & Social Media Assistant is a key role dedicated to customer service excellence.
At this time we are seeking 1 full time summer staff for 17 weeks to start May 9th. Position involves weekend work and holidays and extends through the Labour Day weekend.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Job program and is geared to young people who are full-time post-secondary students intending to return to their studies in September. Students with disabilities, Aboriginal students and students who are members of visible minority groups are also encouraged` to apply.