Perry Music Studio
Musical Studios & Education
To provide a thorough musical education in the subjects of piano, composition and theory, through a specialized and individually tailored curriculum. Lessons for beginners to advanced, ages 6 to 96.
To aid the student in bringing out his or her inherent musical expression, and to provide a love of music to last a lifetime.
Individuals who study music generally:
- Perform better in school
- Have better concentration skills
- Have advanced problem-solving skills
- Are more confident in public speaking
- Have better manual coordination and dexterity
Music is one of the best gifts a parent can give a child, one that will last well into the golden years. Your dedication is appreciated and Perry Music Studio will honour its commitment to provide the best musical education for your child.
Anita Perry holds a degree in music from the University of B.C., is president of the South Okanagan Branch of the BC Registered Music Teachers Association, is a member of the Canadian League of Composers, an Associate with the Canadian Music Centre and is a Royal Conservatory of Music Advanced Piano Specialist. She has written works for orchestra, concert band, piano, voice and choir as well as seven children’s musicals and five ballets. In 2011 she received the Summerland Arts Appreciation Award, in 2014 she won the CFMTA Call for Compositions for her work “Skeleton Dance”, and in 2016 was honoured with the CFMTA Recognition for Professional Achievement Award. Perry teaches piano, composition and theory rudiments at her studio and is in demand as a clinician and adjudicato
- Participation in BCRMTA Community Service Award Program
- Opportunity to play in Master Classes for visiting artists
- Community Concerts: Halloween. Christmas, Valentine, Spring
- Access to programs and scholarships through the South Okanagan RMTA
- Participation in the Penticton Kiwanis Music Festival