Summerland Chamber of Commerce Executive Director ResignsApril 12, 2018April 12, 2018
For Immediate Release
Summerland Chamber Executive Director Resigns
The executive director of the Summerland Chamber of Commerce, Christine
Petkau, has submitted her resignation effective May 4, 2018.
“On behalf of the Summerland Chamber board of directors, I would like to thank
Christine for her hard work, expertise and dedication to the community,” says
past president Erick Thompson.
Petkau, who is leaving to pursue new challenges, started with the chamber in
2012. During this time, she introduced several initiatives including:
- new formats and transparency for the Summerland Community and Business Awards
- community task forces to address specific community concerns
- tourism services downtown
- regional work on the Okanagan Agriculture Innovation Centre that included a comprehensive feasibility study
- helped turn Summerland Festival of Lights into the premier Okanagan holiday festival
“I can honestly say that being executive director for the Summerland Chamber
for the past 6 years has been among my most rewarding career experiences,”
says Petkau. “I have had the pleasure of leading a wonderful staff group and
working with caring and knowledgeable board members throughout this time.”
The board is currently making plans to hire a new executive director, and will
keep the membership and stakeholders informed.
The Summerland Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit society committed to
growing the business community through enhanced membership services,
tourism support and business development.
Erick Thompson, Past President
Summerland Chamber of Commerce